Friday 17 November 2017

White Winter Wishes



Over on the PaperArtsy blog the new topic is "Shades of White". Fabulous. Needed to join in and have been simmering a few ideas. Great inspiration from the wonderful presentation and designers.
However, when Bryan submitted an entry he sparked me off, and when I saw a piece from Diana Taylor this morning on her blog, I was moved into action.

I chose a square design and embossed a white background with snowflakes.
Next, I assembled some lace, doilies, flowers, threads etc and set to work arranging them. (not my best skill!)
I decided to use some sheet music to add some contrast and cut out a heart shape.
I banged it all together....I am so technical and precise....not!
I tied a bow using some beautiful silk chiffon ribbon and finished off with a quote from EEG12, Emma Godfrey's so useful Christmas stamp, Winter Wishes, which is heat embossed in white onto silver card.
I enjoyed making this card and will probably make a few more now that I have a plan.
I shall enter this into the PaperArtsy Challenge.


14 comments:

  1. Glad I sparked you off, nice Christmas card, great to duplicate as well.Carry on banging it on, best way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Hazel. I love the purity of this theme, especially for Christmas cards. I think how you assembled these elements is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Hazel ... simple and very elegant at the same time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, that embossed background looks wonderful and I love how the flower sits against that music paper heart, very elegant and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How superb this card Hazel! Fabulous each white layers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card is just beautiful, Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully elegant Hazel, love the card X

    ReplyDelete
  8. So incredibly beautiful!!! :) Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love, LOVE your card, Hazel!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so gorgeous, Hazel - I love the different whites layered up together and the music page heart is wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh this is perfect!!! So elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, lots of texture and fabulous layout x

    ReplyDelete