Monday 25 September 2017

Exhibit A.



Here is my second piece for the Country View Crafts Challenge on the topic of Metal.
I was sorting out my craft room yesterday and sitting on the highest shelf were a collection of bottles.
So, ping!...lightbulb moment. CVC challenge, heat embossing onto a bottle.


Here is my starting point, I decided to use Gold Embossing Enamels, Stampendous Aged Gold around the neck, using a leaf stamp........this went a bit out of control but I like the effect...


.....and Ranger Embossing Powder Gold around the bottom which is more controlled.


I glued on a few embellishments...some from a broken Christmas bauble and others from collections of metal charms and then wound some twine around the stem.
The twine was grey and so I added some Treasure Gold Brass using a paint brush.

Next, out came the Ranger Liquid Pearls and I enjoyed creating patterns at the base of the neck and at the bottom, around the leaves. 
I went a bit jewel mad and stuck on some self adhesive crystals. Very blingy!

I selected a word band to hang around the neck of the bottle and added some Treasure gold Onyxite to age it. Because I needed a chain to thread through, I stumbled upon this old necklace which wasn't part of the plan....there never is a plan really! Anyway, the necklace was added and so was the word band.

Also on my top shelf were some drawer knobs which I had had for ages. I changed it from Silver to Gold with good old Treasure Gold and glued it in place.

Here is a side view.



I am pretty pleased with my blingy bottle and will add it to my decor at Christmas! 

Thanks for looking and don't forget that our challenge at Country View Crafts is still open.


9 comments:

  1. Looks great Hazel! Can't beat bling for Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning piece...wow I even have a few of those bits and bobbles from old jewelry myself!! Love it!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Hazel, I love the embossing on the glass, something I'll have to try xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Blingy bottle and the embossing looks great, thanks for sharing.
    Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blingy bottle. Perfect adding for Christmases decoration.
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading about the development of the idea, with lots of serendipity thrown in! I love it when it all works out better than planned... (very rare for me). Truly fabulous make, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's lovely, the embossing on the bottle looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, lovely - the embossing powder looks so cool - I think I almost like the out of control leafiness better than the more controlled leaves! Fabulous idea (and I know it can be pretty nerve-wracking heating glass - I hope you had your goggles on)... and the finished bottle looks just amazing with all that decorative metalwork.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete