Saturday 1 July 2017

Fanfare!



My latest post is called "Fanfare" because we have our first sets of stamps from Alison Bomber! So happy and so well deserved.
Alison has been an amazing source of inspiration to me and many others for a few years now. I now have a few techniques locked into my head from her work and she never ceases to inspire me.

So, my stamps arrived this morning and I chose one of them to create this piece.
(New stamps).


I had a sheet of Bo Bunny paper which was ideal for my background and selected a few Oxides to add to it to create an interesting sky. Blending and spritzing onto my craft sheet to create the desired effect.
A frame of Vintage photo distress ink and the sentiment stamped with coffee archival onto Kraft Card which also had the oxide treatment.
A little hessian to frame the words and......hey presto....happy with my creation.
Thanks so much Alison....you are a star!

5 comments:

  1. Words quotes and sentiments of inspiration they are indeed. This is a beautiful piece you have created Hazel, so atmospheric. The background is amazing and you could replicate a new one every day by just changing that background as it's one of a kind.
    Have a great weekend Hazel.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Hazel, love how you've displayed Alison's stamps. Mine have arrived too and I hope to get some time to create something today using them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Hazel. This has been one of my favourite quotes for a long time. In fact, I know it set to music by the brilliant Helen Chadwick, and it's that haunting version I can hear as I look at your lovely page. That's a wonderful tree, and a wonderful sky-blue-pink sky behind it. So happy you're already enjoying the stamps - thank you for this lovely tribute.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome make Hazel - I love Alison's stamps - just got to use mine for the first time today - beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just perfect! Alison is such an inspiration and these stamps are fantastic! Great design. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete