Saturday 14 May 2016

Infusions hen

Here is my attempt at using Paperartsy Infusions as a watercolour medium.
I saw a lady on Hochanda demonstrating watercolour painting using brushos, so I thought......mmmmm, might try that.

I worked on heavy mixed media paper and started by drawing my hen. Copied from an image on google.
Next, masked off the bird with masking fluid, which I hadn't used before.
I wet the sky area with water and then used blue infusions as a wash on top, dabbing with  kitchen roll as I went.
I also wet the ground and scattered some greeny infusions straight from the pot and, with my rigger brush, created grass.
Next, I removed the masking fluid and painted my bird, adding a little black pen at the end.
I am really pleased with my first attempt and think that the hardest part is the initial drawing of the subject. Hope that you like!


5 comments:

  1. Hazel this is delightful, I love how the watercolouring has worked and your drawing is perfect. I picked up my infusions yesterday so am keep to have a go. Pinning this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, love everything about it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so clever Hazel, loved this first time I saw it! Talented chuck! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah... deep sigh of pleasure. What a charming illustration - am deeply impressed.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete