Sunday 2 November 2014

3 more faces

It is exactly one week since I spent a glorious day with Dina Wakley.
i am still fired up to create faces and do what she said….practise. so here are my latest 3.


As you can see I used TH music tissue in my background and knocked it back with gesso. I then drew the girl with Stabilo pencil and washed over some of the lines. I stamped some music, stamped lace for a frame and wrote freely down her hair.


This one I drew in Stabilo onto PA Chatsworth paper and glued down some of the Times newspaper for highlights.


Same technique on Chatsworth with a page from a poetry book. bit ghostly this one, might give it a wash with something darker.
Still, I am growing and learning!



9 comments:

  1. I just love what you've done with these, Hazel! I really like the effect of drawing on text and using text on your faces too! I so want to give this a try! I would love to have been a part of that DW workshop; but you've inspired me anyway! I used to draw a lot, but lost confidence a bit, but I really want to try some of these techniques! Thanks for a fabulous post, Hazel! You are a very talented person. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are so talented , I didn't know you could draw like that!!! I love the eyes on the 2nd one so much I can't stop looking at them. I have signed up to Tracy Scott's 100 face challenge on Facebook, she was at the Dina Wakely course last week with you! Can't wait to see more of these xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 3 are fantastic but I do love the middle one, it's superb, great contrast with the text her and there (I know you placed it perfectly - hehehe!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Hazel looks like you are having fun x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three are amazing Hazel, i think you have found your unique style in drawing faces. I am loving how you get so much emotion into them and the different mediums you have used. You get a A+ for paying attention in Dina's class but your skill and talent are priceless.

    Looking forward to seeing some of your faces in red rubber with PaperArtsy wrapping... :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great all 3 Hazel!! There have caught a very good character's images. I love the second one too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I love these so much. The newsprint looks amazing. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are on a roll Hazel! These are simply wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Hazel, your faces are magnificent. I love the use of the newspaper for highlights on number 2 - I think she's probably my favourite. Can't wait to see the others.. .you were clearly inspired by the workshop no end.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete