Thursday 31 July 2014

Peeled Paint

Well, it was a revelation to learn about the peeled paint technique and I had fun substituting Vaporub. Thankyou to Liesbeth Fidder once again for an exciting project.

I started with a large tag and painted over it with the Lin Brown Limited Edition frescos. I then stamped with black archival using PA ID07 stamps.

I then smeared some Vaporub onto parts of it, thought that it was a good substitute for Vaseline. I painted over with Chutney and tried to hurry up the drying process with the heat gun which was typically stupid of me because it just melted it more!
Anyway, the morning after I rubbed it and got pleasing results. I grungepasted through a stencil. it is supposed to say "You really can do whatever you want" but I jiggled it round a bit.

Then I painted some flowers with Little Black Dress and added TG white fire. I painted another flower with Chartreuse and TGd it. I highlighted my lettering with TGold and white pen and added feathers to the "hat" of the shameless hussy at the top. 
I enjoyed playing and shall have another play with this technique. Thanks Liesbeth. Your work has been memorable.

13 comments:

  1. Can smell the vaporub from here... that was such fun last night on twitter! The finished tag looks fabulous, love the colour, they work so well together, and your stencilled lettering is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh wow, this came out fantastic, love your dark colour against the background. And you've found a new use for vaporub - hehehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hazel this is stunning I love the colours and the addition of the feathers makes for a great Tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out brilliantly, hazel, just hope no-one gets a cold in your house!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Tag is fantastic Hazel, great result and am hopeful it smells amazing:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love the shameless hussy and her feathers lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow It was fabulous idea to use Vaporub hazel! It's smelling from far far away to here!!
    This is amazing tag and great resulted to the peeling technique. Beautiful ages colours and fab grungepast lettering. I love the her feathers hat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out brilliantly in the end Hazel and looks gorgeous too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol - a tag that smells, now there's a new product in the making.....love the end result Hazel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hubby actually suggested I use vapour rub for mine but I persuaded him to get me some PJ! Love the colours and the fab hat! Chrisx ps bet yours smells nicer than mine and there's nothing like a little rub around with Vick(snigger)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours you used Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love your tag Hazel..lol..the vapour rub worked well!! great colours and choice of stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love this Hazel! It's worked really, really well and I love the antique look of it. I bet that hussy at the top doesn't even know the meaning of the words, 'liberty bodice'! Sorry I'm so late commenting, life has been a bit hectic! Luckily they haven't yet found me to lock me up for cutting up the bunk beds to make dolls! I haven't stood still long enough! Have a great week! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete