I decided not to cut up the cover of my journal so went for a rummage and came up with a suitable box with acetate window.
I cut a facade to fit over the front,( 2 actually) one in photo was too clumsy.
I gessoed everything to start and got out all the paints that Julie Ann listed as I love her colour scheme.
I began with the inside of the box and stamped from LPC030 onto white tissue paper in sepia. Then I painted on the back with Mermaid.
The next step was different from Julie Ann's as I had been watching Hels Sheridan using beeswax and wanted a play. I painted beeswax to the base of my box, overtaxed the tissue and added lots of extra wax around the edges to create texture. I highlighted the texture with Treasure Gold Aquamarine.
I stamped the same sentiment as in the challenge and made curtains from folded tissue which I rubbed with treasure brass and added ribbon.
Next I worked on the facade. layering paint, grungepasting through a stencil, stamping script , rubbing in TG and adding threads. I distress inked the edges for extra definition.
I finished the inside simply as it is much smaller than Julie Ann's, just adding a bee and corners.
I don't have many LP stamps yet so made my own bunting and used stamps from LPCO27 for the front . Again, my theatre is small so I didn't want to overpower it. Will probably make another one as I have ordered more LP stamps!
So there it is, and because it opens at the base, I can stand it up. I hope that you approve Julie Ann, I loved using your fabulous ideas, thanks. x