Monday 30 December 2013

Deborah, Lin and Brusho inspired journal page.

Deborah Wainwright has become a friend and inspiration to me since we got together on Twitter. she recently mentioned experimenting with Brusho and I thought PING, I will have a play as well. Bought brusho years ago when I worked in primary school and the caretaker banned me from using it as it stains badly in the hands of 7 year olds.

Started off with my Dyan Reaveley journal and wet a double page with a water wash, then sprinkled a few grains of brusho in blues, greens and yellows. Sprayed extra water here and there and blotted it until I was happy.

Next I chose Dyan Reaveley stamps and Black archival and stamped a few leaves around the edges.

I then mixed some brusho with water and filled in some of the leaves and used the flat brush to give the impression of grass.

Next I wet some watercolour paper and sprinkled grains of brusho in shades of red and purple.
The finished effect suggested tulips to me and who do you think of with tulips, Linda Brown.I used her  beautiful stamps with black archival on the red background, cut out and arranged the flowers on the background. Finally I stamped Lin's tulip leaves, added a few extra with black pro marker and glued down the flowers.
It needed some words so once again Dyan Reaveley obliged again with her alphabet stamps.
A whirlwind project that just came together. getting quite reckless in my old age!

10 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Hazel, well done! Never used Brusho must give it a go.
    Happy New Year
    Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of Brushos before today & now I need them. That s a gorgeous journal page. The tulips look great against that fab background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Hazel your brusho's came out fantastic. After seeing Deb's post I too dug my set out, but didn't get chance to play with them today as playing catch up with the GP tinting and stamping, but hoping to tomorrow?

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What glorious journal pages Hazel! You have been super productive with your beautiful canvas and now this stunning piece of work (hmmm, play?). I hadn't heard of Brushos either but you've certainly done a very good job of promoting them, messy or not!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Until you started talking about Brusho on twitter yesterday I'd never heard of it, and now I too want some!! Love this double journal page, it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel this is a fantastic journal page I. So glad you were inspired to get out the Brusho. After seeing your page I played again. Lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning page Hazel, Deborah is full of inspiration isn't she! Glad you enjoyed playing with your Brushos, results are bright, vivid and fun:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Hazel, your journal pages look amazing and thank you for liking my stamps enough to use them in your gorgeous journal. I used Brusho for the first time last year (I can say that now it's 2014!) during my City & Guilds course, I loved them too, the colours are so vibrant. I only used them on fabric and had intended to see what they were like on paper, I now know that they work beautifully, thanks to you and Deborah.

    Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like how you have built up the design x

    ReplyDelete